How to Decide if You’re a Good Candidate for a Butt Lift
If you’re fed up with your butt looking flat or droopy and are looking to achieve a fuller, shapelier butt like celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez and Khloe Kardashian, a Brazilian butt lift could be the ideal procedure for you.
Unlike butt implants, a Brazilian butt lift uses a patient’s own fat to enhance the buttocks, helping them achieve the most natural results possible. And because a butt lift doesn’t work with any standard sizes and shapes in the same way that implants do, patients have the freedom to customise their procedure, building a butt that has the ideal amount of fullness and the perfect shape.
What makes someone a good candidate for a butt lift?
Dr Nasser from Sydney is a top surgeon for buttock augmentation who has provided a few key Brazilian butt lift criteria that potential patients should meet.
- Your buttocks lacks fullness due to genetics or ageing and you’re looking to achieve a more desirable shape and size
- You’re in good physical health and your body will be able to tolerate any anaesthesia
- You have realistic expectations about the results of your surgery
- You’re able to give up smoking and drinking for the time period laid out by your plastic surgeon
- There is no excessive, saggy skin around your buttock area. If so, you may require an additional procedure to remove it before you’ll be able to undergo a Brazilian butt lift
- Even though you’re eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis, you still aren’t able to achieve your ideal butt shape and size
- You have the right body type for the procedure. Your surgeon will be able to evaluate whether you do
- This one is very important! You need to have excess fat in other areas of your body such as your thighs, hips or abdomen that can be used to complete the procedure. Remember, your surgeon is going to use liposuction to remove fat from your body in order to process it and transfer it to the butt area to produce your ideal butt shape. In order for a butt lift to be successful, your doctor is going to require up to four times as much fat as you want to appear in your buttocks once your surgery is complete. The areas that will receive liposuction are known as the donor areas
If you are thin, you may need to gain some weight before you’ll be an ideal candidate for this surgery. Your surgeon may also be able to suggest some alternatives that will help you achieve a similar result.
So there you have it, these are the factors that your surgeon will take into consideration when deciding whether you’re the right candidate for this popular cosmetic procedure. But overall, if you’re looking to lift, contour and add more volume to your buttocks, a Brazilian butt lift is one procedure that will be able to produce the most satisfactory results.