What to Expect During Your Anti-Wrinkle Injection Treatments
Whether you want a more relaxed appearance or you want to get rid of the fine lines and wrinkles on your face, anti-wrinkle injections are an easy and effective way to do just that.
Years of continuously moving your facial muscles paired with the natural ageing process mean that wrinkles, grooves and fine lines become a common occurrence.
How anti-wrinkle injections can help
Anti-wrinkle injects stop your facial muscles from contracting and when these muscles are more relaxed, the lines and wrinkles will look smoother and your face will look more refreshed.
The areas of the face that are most commonly treated with anti-wrinkle injections include:
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Lines between the eyebrows
- Grooves on the forehead
- Bunny lines around the nose
- A downturned mouth
- Lines around the mouth
- And more…
It’s important to keep the balance of your face in mind before you receive anti-wrinkle injections. Additional areas of the face may need to be treated in order to achieve optimal results. The dosage used during your treatment will also play an important role in your results, which is why it’s important to choose a cosmetic surgeon who is qualified and experienced with these types of treatments.
What do anti-wrinkle injections feel like?
Many of the patients who are thinking about receiving anti-wrinkle injections at an Adelaide Botox clinic are mainly concerned about pain and bruising, however, a trained and experienced cosmetic doctor will be able to minimise any discomfort and side effects.
Here are a few ways that discomfort can be minimised:
– Topical anaesthetic cream: Your doctor can use a topical cream to numb the skin prior to administering your anti-wrinkle injections
– Vibration: A vibrating device that disrupts the skin’s ability to pass pain signals to the brain can also be used to alleviate discomfort
– Ice: Using ice on the area that will be treated is an effective way to alleviate pain and discomfort because pain and temperature pass along the same neural pathways
– Anaesthetic gas: Laughing gas is another option available to patients who are concerned about any pain associated with anti-wrinkle injections
Qualified and experienced cosmetic surgeons will be able to reduce bruising by knowing how to correctly place the needle under the skin. Bruising generally occurs when a vein is disrupted but proper techniques can prevent this.
Where are anti-wrinkle injections placed to treat frown lines?
Frowns are made up of two key muscles, namely the corrugator, which extends from the bone near the top of your nose to the middle of the eyebrows, and the procerus, which reaches from the lower area of the nasal bone to the middle of the forehead.
Then there’s the frontalis muscle which is what enables you to raise your eyebrows. Anti-wrinkle injections will be inserted into the frontalis muscle to prevent the formation of expression lines and wrinkles in the forehead.
If you would like to learn more about the process and what you can expect, speak to your cosmetic doctor during your consultation.